Minimize

Blog Entries

By Chris Zinck on 10/2/2009 12:00 AM
We had a problem last week regarding a custom Accpac view we were developing. It was a straight flat file view with no business logic. We cobbled it together basically to get the table created in the database with the appropriate data dictionary entries. We’ll never call it except for the initial ViewCreate call.

The problem was that it would load fine on our development workstations but not on the customers server. After scratching our heads a bit, we ran DEPENDS on the DLL to see if there were any missing dependencies. Sure enough, it was reporting that it couldn’t find the Visual C runtime (V8). Since Accpac uses the same runtime, we couldn’t understand what was going on.

Turns out that the default build in the Accpac SDK uses the –manifest switch. This embeds a Windows manifest file in the resources of the DLL. The manifest specifies the build of the MSVC runtime and sets it to the newest version on the build machine. Since we had a newer version than what was loaded on the customers machine,...
Minimize

Search

Minimize

Recent Entries

How we built Murphy's booking system
Murphy's web store goes Live
Problem with new Desktop Icon Protocol
Debugging .NET Accpac Addons
Registrationless COM
Moving from MS to Open Source
CEAB UBC Visit
Board of Examiners Christmas Lunch
Sage ERP Accpac 5.6 has been released
DEP, .NET, Windows and Accpac